27 January 2009

frankfurter green sauce

Inspired by my husband's request, I had never heard of frankfurter green sauce.
So I googled, grew the required herbs in my garden, & came up with the final sauce

I came 2nd place at the Winchcombe open gardens for my Cotswold herb garden!



Traditional herbs include: lovage borage lemon balm sorrel & salad burnet


Ingredients


Basil
- Dill - Parsley - Tarragon - Chervil - Chives - Cress

1 boiled egg - cup creme fraiche - cup mayonnaise
s & p
1 crushed garlic clove (no more)
1/2 lemon juice (no more)
1 heaped teasp dijon mustard
  • Bash then chop all 7 herbs as finely as possible (don't blitz it's too mushy) with the egg & a garlic clove.
  • Stir in remaining ingredients + the salt & pepper
Keeps for 3 days in the fridge




Serve with slow roast pork and sautéed potatoes, or chips
or
more traditionally, ham & boiled eggs


0 comments:

Post a Comment