click image for slideshow
using Be-ro website
keep those ingredients simple, it's packed full of flavour
1. hot watercrust pastry ingredients
225g plain flour
1/2 teasp salt
- Mix flour and salt in bowl, make a well in the centre.
- Boil water and lard together, add quickly to the flour mixture. Mix rapidly with a wooden spoon.
- Knead with hands until the dough is soft and pliable.
- Line a greased 1.2 litre (2 pint) pudding basin following Be-ro diagrams
- Cut up meat and kidney, roll in seasoned flour, place in lined basin and fill full with stock.
- Dampen the edge, roll out remaining pastry to fit top, seal edges well.
- Cover with greaseproof paper and foil and steam for 4 hours, or even 5 hours