they are delicious little bites, and nicely rich, click on image for all pictures
75g unsalted butter, softened
1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
a small clove garlic, grated to a paste
1/4 tsp salt
50g finely grated parmesan
50g grated hard cheese, like Cheddar or double Gloucester
100g plain flour
- Beat the butter, pepper, garlic and salt till smooth.
- Stir in the cheeses and the flour, and work into a soft evenly mixed dough, adding a scant tsp or so of water if it seems dry.
- Chill the mixture for about 30 minutes in the bowl, covered if you like.
- Heat the oven to 160°C (fan 140°C).
- Line a tray with non-stick baking paper and round teaspoonfuls (about 10g) of the mixture between your hands into very smooth round balls and press them onto the tray so they flatten slightly. Or press them with the end of a spatula if you want then extra smooth on top.
- With the end of a toothpick poke four evenly spaced holes in the middle of each biscuit, just like a button. Bake for about 25-30 minutes until crisp and golden.