my friend Luca, official canapé guru, told me how to make these simple treats for a family party, they went as soon as they came out. the children loved them - cooked that morning, sealed in an airtight container, and warmed up for 5 minutes
1 batch Be-ro choux pastry
chopped cured chorizo pieces - remove that paper
100g plain flour
3 eggs, beaten
note: use a wooden spoon
- place fat in water and melt over a gentle heat, then bring up to the boil
- remove from heat and swiftly whilst hot, beat in flour with a wooden spoon
- return to gentle heat stirring to form a ball
- cool and beat in eggs a drop at a time, incorporating before adding more
- stir chorizo into pastry .
- spoon drops onto a greased baking sheet, I use a teflon mat.
- bake for 30 mins @180 until golden, there's no need to turn them.
- cool on a wire rack
- bake up to three days in advance and store in airtight container. Re-crisp in oven.
- freeze one month