half a lime
vinho verde (Matteus), has to be vinho verde
poulet de Bresse, I used golden chicken - you don't want an oil slick
50g dried cepes
- chop a bunch of whites of leek
- put in heavy casserole with a quarter of a bottle of Matteus vinho verde and let simmer for five minutes
- take the poulet de Bresse (check for a low-fat one or remove the fat)
- gently loosen the skin on the breasts and thighs with your fingers
- stuff the dried hard cèpes underneath, be careful not to tear the skin
- put half a lime in the cavity + more dried cèpes and rub some salt &
- pepper inside and out.
- then into the simmering wine.
- add the rest of the bottle and let simmer for 1hr to 1 1/2 hrs. I put it in the oven - the chicken has to nearly fall apart.
I added 1 dessert spoon of crème fraîche too here