by Arthur Potts, in the Observer: http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2007/apr/29/foodanddrink.features6
120 mil mascarpone
juice and zest of a lemon
sea salt & pepper
4 slices pancetta
1 guinea fowl, boned (reserve the legs)
handful sage leaves - 10
- season the mascarpone with a little lemon juice, half of the lemon zest & s & p
- roll mascarpone up inside pancetta slices
- slide your thumb under the skin of the guinea fowl & and carefully ease in a sage leaf and the prosciutto parcel.
- cover back the skin and repeat with the other side of guinea fowl.
- pan fry, inclusive of legs, with a little ev olive oil, skin-side down, on a medium heat for at least 12 minutes before turning over and cooking for a further 8 minutes.
- add the remaining sage leaves to the pan.
- when the guinea fowl is cooked, remove the legs, add the remaining mascarpone into the pan with the rest of the lemon juice and shake the pan.
- serve the guinea fowl halved on a plate and drizzle the pan juices over.