pork cubes trimmed up, not tenderloin, use a joint or a couple of chops
2 tablespoons paprika
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon cayenne, to taste
turmeric garlic salt and pepper
good glug Spanish ev olive oil
- cut pork meat into 1-inch cubes.
- in a bowl, combine paprika, cumin, cayenne, salt and pepper and ev olive oil.
- marinade pork for a couple of hours or overnight.
- preheat grill to medium high, or heat a cast iron pan on the hob.
- thread pork cubes onto small wooden skewers.
- grill or saute for about 10 minutes or so, turning repeatedly for even cooking.
version two: Barcelona Foodie's pinchos method, bbc messageboardsa pleasingly strong fennel flavour to these ones
serve with a tomato salad and a few chillies in vinegar (guindillas en vinagre- bottled) on the side.
1 pork fillet of 500g, trimmed of fat and sinew,
or 2 smaller fillets sea salt and black pepper
For the marinade:
1/2 heaped tsp each of coriander seeds, cumin seeds and fennel seeds, all roughly ground
1 tsp sweet paprika
2 garlic cloves, crushed to a paste with salt
1/2 small bunch fresh oregano, roughly chopped, or 1 tsp dried oregano
1 bay leaf, crumbled or chopped very finely
1 tblsp red wine vinegar
1 tblsp olive oil a good pinch saffron infused in 2 tblsp boiling water or 1 tsp 'colorante alimentario'- orange food colouring
- Cut the pork into 3cm cubes and flatten them slightly.
- Place the pork in a large mixing bowl and add the marinade dry spices, garlic, oregano, bay, vinegar and saffron water or colouring, and mix thoroughly.
- Add the olive oil, toss again and leave in the fridge for 2 hours so the marinade flavours penetrate the meat.
- When you are ready to eat, light the barbecue or turn the grill to high.
- Thread the pork onto the skewers and cook for 2 minutes each side, until slightly charred on the outside and juicy inside.
serve with a tricolore salad, potato salad, or leaf
three, a variation: chicken
lime, ginger, garlic, green chillies, paprika, fresh coriander & turmeric
- grill your skewers