ingredients - my breakfast coffee cup is 300mil exactly.
A truly stunning cornmeal cake, something completely different to try
it's packed with flavour Turkish recipe by kind permission from Burcu
2 coffee mugs of corn meal
1 coffee mug flour
1 coffee mug yoghurt
3/4 coffee mug oil (corn or sun flower-if you use olive oil it might make the cake bitter)
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup of feta cheese, crumbled
1/2 cup black olives, pitted and sliced
1 tsp pepper flakes
1/2 bunch parsley or dill, chopped finely (if you don't have parsley or dill, you can use thyme)
- beat the eggs in a bowl and add all the ingredients. Mix well.
- if the dough seems too dense, lighten it up by adding a little more yogurt or milk. This shouldn't be a dense cake.
- grease the owen dish (I used a 2 inch deep 8.5 x 11.5 inch one)
- put the dough in the owen dish. Sprinkle black seeds on it if you wish.
- bake approximately for an hour in a preheated owen at 375ºF. After 45 minutes, start checking with a knife every 10 minutes. When the knife comes out clean, the cake is baked.