2 wood pigeon breast 1 tblsp ev olive oil
2 tblsp walnut oil
half crushed garlic clove
warm cooked new potato
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
*curly endive, or frisée leaves (I couldn't get the crisper leaves & used green beans and oak leaf + iceberg here)
- Mix olive & walnut oil with garlic, half the thyme leaves, s & p. Reserve.
- Sauté the lardons on medium for about 5 minutes until brown. Remove from the pan & reserve
- Add the wood pigeon breasts to the oil, then cook for 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Remove from the pan and leave to rest.
- Add red wine vinegar into the hot pan - bubbling it down for a couple of seconds & add it to the oil mix
- Toss it in a bowl with the leaves
- plate up
- drop lardons over the leaves.
- slice the pigeon breasts and place on top, tipping over any juices.