Do not add any salt at all to this plate
Do not use Revilla chorizo, it's oily, hard and nasty IMO
Spanish judion beans, or butter beans, or haricot beans, dried here (use 2 X tinned for ease)
a green chilli
tinned tomatoes, blitzed
a little saffron
cured chorizo sausage, chunkily chopped
to prepare dried haricot beans:
- Soak in cold unsalted cold water for 24 hours
- Drain & boil for 10 minutes. Do not salt them, they go hard
- Rinse clean
- & simmer, unsalted, for 20 - 30 minutes till al dente
- So, gently fry chopped onions, add garlic a whole green chilli, then chopped skinned tomatoes & cook down for 10 mins,
- then saffron, the chorizo, white wine, stock and your potatoes.
- Simmer on the hob for 1 and a half hours,or like me, half an hour on the hob, then 1 hour in the oven @170.
- Add the beans, big judion are wonderful, 20 mins before the end of the cooking time.