18 February 2009

spanish menú del día

image taken in Zaragoza

tapas y tal


notes:
  • use Spanish olive oil, I use ev olive oil when I cook as I do think it makes a difference
  • the best ev olive oil I've found is Montes de Toledo, if you see it, I recommend you buy it, as it's difficult to come by - well it is in the Cotswolds
  • don't be shy with the olive oil, it's an essential part of la cucina over there
  • & if you have a core in your garlic, remove it, it is bitter and indigestible - tip from my landlady in Spain, Ester

pinchos - 3 ways
tortilla de patatas
pimientos de padrón
albondigas
sea bass salsa & salty potatoes -
samcocho con mojo verde y papas arrugadas
caldereta de merluza - hake & potatoes
empanadas







(link to follow for)
Catalan albóndigas con sepia
Catalan cim i tomba (regional dish from Tossa de Mar)







0 comments:

Post a Comment