22 September 2009

Cotswold blackberries "on the vine"


Go into Winchcombe, turn into the Greet road, pass the Steam Railway for enthusiasts, pass the Harvest Home pub, pass the Manor House (I wish I lived there) and continue until the road becomes a track becomes a dead end.

& there's shed loads up the lane still. I've left some for you.


So in the Sunday Telegraph there's a blackberry and brown sugar loaf recipe, by Diana Henry. I've not had a dud from her yet.

I need to tweak that 175g sugar though, and make it with 50g.

& it's perfect.
moist, subtly flavoured, soft & light and so gently melts & breaks apart as you eat it.




tweaks

175g becomes 50g sugar
pinch cinnamon becomes 3 cardamom pods
no dusting of icing sugar

all other ingredients are as the original states.

No cooking times I see and mine took 2 hours at 160deg, plus 10 minutes outside the tin to catch that just not quite done feel.





2 comments:

Debs said...

Mmmmm, looks yum. Thanks for leaving some blackberries but I'm not flying over just for a few berries LOL

Margaret said...

I think Diana Henry is wonderful and she is wonderful to have given us this recipe.

Post a Comment