Everyone had an invite to join Dan & David over at mumsnet for a live webchat and a joint cookery experience yesterday morning.
If you've never participated before, what can I say - you should!
When Dan got the proceedings under-way by starting his journey to the mumsnet kitchen at 07:30, a few of us realised we'd better get our skates on, and started to prep.
For the next couple of hours, we measured, mixed, shaped, decorated, took photos & baked together - all at differing phases in the hot cross bun process.
We became quite a community in our HXB world.
So next time you see a Dan Lepard bake-along, get yourselves in and have a blast.
His recipe for easy hot cross buns is here
- melted butter in hot milk, yeast in camomile tea fresh ginger & egg in milk mix, mix with flour
- speedy knead and fold, divided into 12, and shaped
- paste mix for the X inc butter, into a piping bag, and straight across the buns for the oven
- replaced the water with camomile tea infused overnight
- sultanas & fresh ginger for the fruit - never liked mixed peel
- 30g muscovado sugar used