24 October 2010

through the square window ........


As a display from the street, Lella and I usually leave paintings perched in our window, whether they are finished or not
Mainly it helps us see the balance of our work from a distance from over the road.


But we also get comments from local people and sometimes friendly souls come in for a chat with us too


So last night's view for you through the square window, is a painting from my "ordinary objects" series.  Quirky pictures, with little or no narrative to speak of.
And this one is "Edible Nasturtiums", a gift from my painting partner Lella from her allotment

I'll have it finished today and framed






 
and now it is finished!


11 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Good morning Gill! This is my first read of this morning and what a good one it is. A sunny sight in wintertime. Bold colouring and bold strikes! A beautiful painting.

Gill the Painter said...

Good morning to you Elisa.
I've been lazy and need to brave the cold today and finish my painting. Brrrr!

Piccalilli Annie said...

I agree it's a beautiful painting; the colours work so well together and the balance is just right!

Gill the Painter said...

Ann!
You've started a blog. Great stuff.

Lucinda said...

That's a lovely picture Gill. Full of warmth and light. Very cheering!

Joanna said...

I'm getting old, well older. I could have sworn there was a pixie in that picture last night when I saw it first, but now I see it finished the pixie has gone. I really like this one Gill!

Odette said...

Great stuff Gill and you still have nasturtiums flowering this late in the year - they're always so bright and beautiful - one of my favourite plants.

Gill the Painter said...

Hi Joanna.
Thank you. They do look like pixies don't they.

Good evening Odette.
They're beautifully fragile aren't they.
It would be hard to paint them badly I think.

emelle said...

mmm - a pleasure, the colour

Lush said...

'Morning Grillers......!

Gorgeous painting - impossible not to smile looking at it - don't think it'll be hanging around too long before someone buys it to cheer themselves up!

Funny how we all see things differently - I saw clothes blowing on a windy washing line before it was finished!

Don't tell the psychologist tho'.........

Gill the Painter said...

Now you mention it Lush, that's persactly what it looks like.

Take note! no embarrassing grey underpants.

Post a Comment