21 January 2011

January food

I don't seem to be pushing myself at the moment,  so I thought I'd get the pasta machine out.

I asked Tony what he wanted, pappadelle?  tagliatelle?  angel hair?  spag......
Tagliatelle it is!  all ammatriciana

I've been watching Zen set in Rome, so I thought I'd dim the lights a little




 ingredients onion, guanciale or lardon cubes, balsamic, passata and pecorino cheese
& cook the pasta for 3mins10secs



New breadmaking? 

How old is that chickpea flour, Gill!


and made a tortilla sandwich




Lamb?

Put in lamb leg, potatoes, rosemary, garlic, water & wine @130 for 4hrs, untouched



and also got to chat for a few hours with my bread friend Joanna at Zeb Bakes, at a new African themed place called Cafe el Bahdja in Gloucester

Harmony!
over mint tea, lentils and an omelette broth




we end with Zen again.


Cafe El Bahdja is at
59-61 Westgate Street
Gloucester
GL1 2NW

http://www.elbahdja.co.uk/

5 comments:

celia said...

All looks splendid, Grilly. I really liked Dan's chickpea bread, bet I'd like it even more in SD. I thought you and Jo were scoffing bowls of chocolate chips when I first saw the lentil photo (and hey, I thought that would be cool..."I got together with Joanna and we sipped mint tea and ate a bowl of chocolate chips"..hahaha).

Odette said...

Not pushing yourself, is it Gill! My, you've been a bizzy bee, innit! Super dishes and that bread came out perfecto. I could do with a mint tea, right now. How did the Tagliatelle alla Ammatriciana go down?

Gill the Painter said...

Celia, he he he
I tried to persuade Joanna to have a sticky sweet pudding bathed in honey, but she wouldn't.

Gill the Painter said...

Hi dear friend Odette.

The tagliatelle was far better than the shoppy stuffy.
It's lighter too, and has elasticity.

& it cooks so quickly!

Joanna @ Zeb Bakes said...

Chocolate chips, how did Celia spot that? I thought our cover story was perfect Gill ;)

Post a Comment