Too much of a good thing can catch up with you.
My husband has eaten so much Greek yoghurt, that he's finding it difficult to digest nowadays, and needs some time away from the product.
Seeking out a soya alternative for him, has had my eating all the soya yoghurt offerings instead, since he thinks it tastes funny. And it does too, although I like that flavour.
And I got the same reaction with almost-fat-free Quark, leaving me wondering what to do with it.
Until yesterday, when a blog post from Munich dropped into my Google Reader page. Nicky from Delicious Days has just made cheesy nibbles using Quark, giving me the opportunity to use the unwanted pot in the fridge.
Flaky, light, savoury cheeselets, that are ideal as a midday snack to keep you going.
Thank you Nicky.
- no change to her ingredients, mixed all together in the food processor using the plastic blade.
- folded the soft mix 3 times as you would flaky pastry.
- rolled out the pastry to 3/4cm thickness, & topped with parmesan cheese and a grating of Zulu chilli flakes
- cut the area into squares
- and baked undisturbed at 200 for 15mins