17 July 2012

The voluptuous vegan paella with tofu-roasted aïoli - I forgot the peas

Add caption

I've realized recently that I have lost my need for any & all things expensive.  It abandoned me some time ago in fact.  I never experience fancy restaurant envy.  Nor do I desire smart, sleek fashionable clothes - my old City clothes still seem to do the job well enough.
A natural progression to the downshifting process we undertook 10 years ago.

In the same vein of thought, it's not often these days that I have a burning want for a new cookery book,
save The Voluptuous Vegan, by Myra Kornfeld

Liz at Cooking the Vegan Books often gives me a nudge towards vegan items of interest and recipes that should appeal.
On her recommendation, I've just made The Voluptuous Vegan Paella Fideuà; using snapped pastas where it calls for rice, as I sometimes have to sub ingredients further for my husband.

Delicious, different, involved & keeping me engrossed in the kitchen.


A winner dish.


roasted and prepared ingredients

very garlicky tofu aïoli

lightly sautéed the pastas

added the liquid - then the vegetables

- then the tempeh etc

steamed for final 10 mins to absorb

and served with the tofu-roasted aïoli



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I could have sworn I've been to this web site before but after going through many of the articles I realized it's new to me. Anyways, I'm definitely delighted I discovered it and I'll be bookmarking it and checking back often!
Here is my site ; Mid Heel Shoes

Gill the Painter said...

I like your strappy silver "dance" sandals on your site, MHS.

Joanna @ Zeb Bakes said...

I would like to taste that Gill! It looks completely utterly slaveringly delicious.... maybe I will have to buy the book :)

ray@garlicbuddha said...

I used to have that book and I agree it was rather special, Some great tofu recipes - a ginger baked one from memory? My cookery book buying has slowed down after a splurge last year. Sally Butcher's "Veggiestan" has been one of my favourite reads.

Are you baking much bread at the moment?

Gill the Painter said...

I've placed my order at Amazon and will let you have a read next time I see you Joanna.

Hi Ray.
Yes I'm making sourdough all the time still. I've got another blog post coming up.
Joanna and I visited a mill recently and brought back some of the flours, which I've managed to bake up.

I'll get my act together and write about it.

Post a Comment