15 November 2012

woman&home's 100 best food blogs, and Gillthepainter

Popped onto Facebook this morning, whilst waiting for my aromatically frooty tea to cool, to see how my little niece and her teenage mates are getting along.
They can't hold water on there, and I get to know things in the family before others find out sometimes.

So I'm a fan.

For a change, something of real interest caught my eye @ Woman&home's 100 best food blogs.  
I particularly like to click through these awards rankings to add fine blogs to my RSS food feed for early morning eye guzzling.

Yip!
Kavey, Cherrapeño I've already subscribed to, that goes for Matthew Fort too.  Anne's Kitchen, I do like her new profile photo, exactly illustrating the difference between an amateur and a professional [photographer] at their work.




But I was stunning to find my own blog placed at #59 in the listings.  
I haven't the foggiest how my weblog got there, although these publications employ researchers in the field I imagine.


& I'm still tickled about it several hours later.




10 comments:

Unknown said...

Fabulous news Gill and congratulations! It is well deserved and I am happy to find myself in such wonderful company!
Elisa

celia said...

You're on there darling, because you're cool. And your blog is too. :) xx

Choclette said...

Congratulations Gill - it's because you have an excellent food blog :)

Gill the Painter said...

Elisa, why thank you.
Talking of company, I'm really looking forward to next month. We'll have a blast together. Mwah! XXX

Gill the Painter said...

Good morning to you Celia. I dig your comment! Whenever I look at food blog lists, you are always on them. I'm surprised you haven't got a book out to be honest.
Have you ever been approached?

Gill the Painter said...

Hi Choclette.
Thank you so much. & your blog just gets better and better - I love it.

Mamta said...

Congratulations and well done Gill, you deserve it :-). Your food pictures always make my mouth water :-). Keep up the good work.

Gill the Painter said...

Why thank you kindly, Mamta.
Will do!

Joanna @ Zeb Bakes said...

Well done Gill! and now on to the surgery I spied at the top of the page... (you have so many hidden talents xx )

Gill the Painter said...

Good morning Joanna.
Ah, snowman needs to come down with the rest of the decorations today.

XXX

Post a Comment