2 June 2013

A painting moment: oil tiles

I've turned my hand to "ceramics".  Well, that would be art ceramic tiles in oils. 

Prepped and primed up 5 inch by 5 inch canvas panels and began painting ordinary objects and still lifes.  Nice and quickly so you get the essence without the detail.

I liked them so much I decided to make a series.  I've painted about 30 so far, and will continue on until something else takes favour.

I've double framed them all in crisp white fashion, ready and waiting for my art exhibits this weekend at both the Bath Guildhall with Beckford Fine Art and the bi-annual Cheltenham Open Studios event. 

I've also been invited to sell them at an art venue near Cahors in France.




So if you are in Cheltenham or nearby, I'm at Venue 7.  You'll be most welcome to take a tour of the studio.













 







6 comments:

Joanna @ Zeb Bakes said...

I thnk these are glorious Gill - love the forms and the colours - definitely going to try to come and visit somehow xx Good luck I hope the exhibitions are a sell out!

Gill the Painter said...

Hi Joanna.
It would be wonderful to see you. I hope you're right about the exhibitions but we have to be realistic about the recession and difficulties people are experiencing.

Still, you never know ....

Mamta said...

They are so beautiful Gill, all of them. I bet you got a lot of satisfaction painting them. I hope you sell them all quickly.

Gill the Painter said...

Hi Mamta.
You're absolutely right, I thoroughly enjoyed painting them.

I noticed this morning, none was signed. So I've been signing each one today - I hope the signature dries in time for the weekend.

Oils normally take a couple of weeks to dry! Whoops.

Unknown said...

They are little treasures Gill! The colours are fabulous, I absolutely love them.

You'll be the star of the event this weekend.
Best of luck for the show!
Elisa xxx

Gill the Painter said...

Elisa!
Thank you so much. I have 30, and will paint some more as visitors come round.

I'm just writing out some invitations to the private view on Saturday.

Everyone knows about the gig in Cheltenham, so it's just a hint of a reminder to visit. & it doesn't need to be done too much in advance.

XXX

Post a Comment